Sticky Post

jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:05 am

Is there a way in the future to have option to sticky a post? Would give the ability to create a post that we can use to describe our blog and sticky it at the top.
Jeremy Monroe
Kreativmind Show Support for Bludit via Patreon
Torsten_Kelsch
Master Bludit

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 pm

That would be a nice feature, in deed. But for a description that does not need to be exchanged like real sticky posts, a hard coded paragraph in /bl-themes/[your-theme]/php/home.php would do. You have to put it in front of the foreach loop.
ON ERROR GOTO BED
Edi
Site Admin

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 pm

It's already implemented and part or the next release:

https://github.com/bludit/bludit/issues/678
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 am

@edi Yeah, Diego told me he will add the feature. I posted this and on Gitter shortly after each other. To Torsten, much better to use a sticky option than a paragraph you can add to the home.php because if you want to keep the sticky but just want the new one to list above it, you can keep the data otherwise, a paragraph on the home page would delete previous message.
Jeremy Monroe
Torsten_Kelsch
Master Bludit

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:01 pm

jmonroe wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 am
[…]To Torsten, much better to use a sticky option than a paragraph you can add to the home.php because if you want to keep the sticky but just want the new one to list above it, you can keep the data otherwise, a paragraph on the home page would delete previous message.
Yes, if you need more info texts than only one, or your info changes from time to time, sticky posts are much more useful. But if you only need a short info, like an introduction to your blog or whatever, a static part in the code of the theme would do (as a workaround). Or you could use the About plugin, I guess.

Anyway, I am looking forward to sticky posts in the next version, too.
ON ERROR GOTO BED
jmonroe
Sr. Bludit

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Ich auch freund. Danke für Ihre Information.
Jeremy Monroe