Subpages for Bludit 2

Torsten_Kelsch
Master Bludit

Subpages for Bludit 2

Post by Torsten_Kelsch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am

In Bludit 1.x it was possible to create static subpages, in Bludit 2.0 it is only possible for the published content (sorted by date), but no longer for the static content (sorted by position). Please make this feature available again. Otherwise, Bludit, as a CMS, is only useful for very small websites.
ON ERROR GOTO BED

Edi
Site Admin

Re: Subpages for Bludit 2

Post by Edi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 am

There are some misunderstandings:

1) Bludit 1 has no static subpages. It has posts and pages, and pages can have subpages.

2) Bludit 2 has content. You can call content sorted by date posts, content sorted by position pages. These pages can have subpages.

3) In addition to this there is static content. You can use it for example for a blog with pages with information about the blog, a contact form etc. Also static content can have subpages. But there is still small bug that will be fixed with the next version.
Planet Bludit, Tipps, Snippets und nützliche Links. - Newsletter, Informationen zu Bludit (auf Deutsch).

Torsten_Kelsch
Master Bludit

Post by Torsten_Kelsch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Edi wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 am
There are some misunderstandings:

1) Bludit 1 has […] posts and pages, and pages can have subpages.
That’s what I’m talking about. Pages can have subpages in Bludit 1. No misunderstanding from my side.
Edi wrote:
2) Bludit 2 has content. You can call content sorted by date posts, content sorted by position pages. These pages can have subpages.
Yes, understood, this is called published in Bludit 2, The content is shown to the visitor on one single webpage, latest content on top (sorted by date) or, for example, oldest content on top (sorted by position). In both cases, sub-content can be created.
Edi wrote:
3) In addition to this there is static content. You can use it for example for a blog with pages with information about the blog, a contact form etc. Also static content can have subpages. But there is still small bug that will be fixed with the next version.
That’s exactly what I need (and other users, too, I suppose): a blog/news area, sorted by date or position, and (static) pages with subpages.

But if that’s planned (subpages for static pages), and there only is a bug which will be fixed, everything is fine – it only should have been communicated and would have kept users from frustration. I am looking forward to Bludit 2.0.1. Thanks for your clarifications.
ON ERROR GOTO BED

Torsten_Kelsch
Master Bludit

Post by Torsten_Kelsch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Sub pages for static pages work now in Bludit 2.0.2 (maybe already in 2.0.1, I don’t know, never tested that version). I believe Bludit 2 is moving in the right direction, and users who were critical at first (like me) should become more and more satisfied. Kudos to the developers and thanks for this groovy CMS!
ON ERROR GOTO BED