[PLUGIN] Disqus comment services

diego
Site Admin

Disqus is a blog comment hosting service for web sites and online communities that uses a networked platform.

Download: https://github.com/dignajar/bludit/tree ... ins/disqus

How to install it

Disqus.com
1- First, create an account on https://disqus.com
2- Settings->Add Disqus to Site

Bludit
1- Log in to admin panel
2- Go to Plugins
3- Install Disqus plugin
4- Configure Disqus plugin
5- Set the shortname from Disqus.com
_-Caleb-_
Sr. Bludit

Great plugin Diego,

TANSTAAFL
Electrode
Jr. Bludit

please how does a shortname looks like
jaidenmedia
Ssr. Bludit

Electrode wrote:please how does a shortname looks like
The shortname is the name you give your site when you sign up for Disqus. You need it to display the comment form and the comments that have been left on your posts.
alypop
Ssr. Bludit

How to enable Disqus on a single page, not on others?
Currently, Im able to do it by associating Disqus with Posts only, but ideally you should be able to switch it on or off for desired Posts & Pages. I guess this is not really a Bludit thing, rather limited by Disqus API.
ADTC
Jr. Bludit

When you sign up for Disqus, normally Disqus will try to make a shortname based on the name of organization that you enter. For example, if you entered the name as "My Awesome Site", the shortname would probably be my-awesome-site and the Disqus URL would be my-awesome-site.disqus.com ... You can also choose to customize the shortname. In any case, just enter the shortname "my-awesome-site" or (whatever you chose) in the Bludit plugin settings.

I'm sure Bludit's Disqus plugin can be extended to control the comments on a per-page or per-post basis, just like how you can control the post date or page title. It doesn't depend on Disqus API as it is the plugin that decides whether to insert the Disqus script code or not. It would be an extension of the existing settings to control whether the comment is in posts or pages. :)
SnorkY
Jr. Bludit

Hi!
It's possible to add an option "show home", with just "x comments" under the article.

I try with this code :

Code: Select all

<span class=\"disqus-comment-count\" data-disqus-identifier=".$page->uuid()."></span>"; ?>
Manually it works, but I do not know where to place it properly?
Is it possible to add it natively as an option to this plugin?

Thank you for very well work.