Random slowdowns during login or posting content?

kr428
Sr. Bludit

Folks;
unsure where to start digging into this, I experience one of my Bludit blogs (containing a bit more than 2000 short posts) turning rather slow when trying to log in and/or posting new content. Sometimes, too, login takes two attempts, unsure whether the first one times out or quietly fails. Running on a shared webhoster (all-inkl for those who know), I don't have root access to the server and am not running on "own" infrastructure. Anyone has any idea where to start checking what could cause this slowdown? PHP version? Memory issues? ...?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Kristian
Edi
Site Admin

What is your version of PHP?

What are the PHP values of memory_limit, max_execution_time and max_input_time?
Clickwork - Websites mit Bludit | Planet Bludit - Tipps und Snippets
kr428
Sr. Bludit

Thanks bunches for your feedback. Here we are:

- PHP is 8.0.30.
- memory_limit: 128M
- max_execution_time: 30
- max_input_time: 60

Should any of these be changed...?
kr428
Sr. Bludit

(Meanwhile, I drastically increased memory limits which seems to have _somehow_ improved the situation, but still, sometimes, logins take way too long to be enjoyable...)
kr428
Sr. Bludit

Catching up on that: Any further ideas here...? Ranging between 17 and 60s for a login (and at times submitting a post too) isn't all too pleasant. Not sure it worsened with the instance growing (currently containing approximately 2.5k posts).

Too, maybe unrelated, I noticed I'm like permanently "logged out" again, even with having my browser set to keep my login and making sure no cookies / session data is removed while closing the window. It does work for other platforms so it doesn't _seem_ to be a general browser issue. If I managed to fixed that, at least the login slowdown would be less painful...
kr428
Sr. Bludit

And again... could this somehow relate to amount of posts in the system? I don't still know how to get hold of this, especially considering it doesn't really reproduce, it just happens way too often.... .
kr428
Sr. Bludit

_Finally_ it seems I managed to get rid of this. After a lot of tweaking and playing, I started with something probably obvious and deactivated installed plugins. Insight: Removing RSS Feed Extended helped speeding things up a little bit. Disabling Time Machine X effectively eliminated all the problems I experienced before. By now, both login and posting appear to work at the speed seen in empty Bludit installations. Not fully convenient as Time Machine X seems quite a good thing, but at least by now I have a usable system again.