Problem when establishing homepage

tonimad
Ssr. Bludit

Hello,

Problem scenario:

- I have 10 post and 5 pages.
- In Advanced Settings, I set one of my pages as the homepage.

The problem:

If I follow the above steps, then my system displays the page that I have chosen as the home page. So far, everything is correct. However, setting this option, I no longer have access to any of the post. None of the post does not appear on any page.

How can I see now my post?
Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!
Fred
Legend Bludit

Hi Tonimad,

This problem has already been mentioned, for now it's either you use Bludit as cms or pages + posts (defaut config)
╰☆╮Bludit╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
You are looking for a light forum based Json? Try my project Flatboard, it is free. ;)
Sorry for my little english, i'm french :oops:
tonimad
Ssr. Bludit

Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was reviewing the forum but found no mention of this problem. Maybe I did not look well, sorry.

Is there a ready solution in the next update? And on the next update, is there a expected date? Thank you.
MaurizioB
Ssr. Bludit

Hi Fred,
I asked the same question a couple of months ago in the gitter chat, you could join us on https://gitter.im/dignajar/bludit.
Some of us are on #bludit on freenode too, even though there's no dev in there.
tonimad
Ssr. Bludit

Hi MaurizioB,

I have read the chat conversation. In my opinion, a plugin is the best solution. I agree with the comment of user "clickwork-git";
Perhaps it's possible with a plugin. It should be very easy and not so confusing as for example in WordPress.
Fred
Legend Bludit

In fact it is myself who had mentioned this 'problem' forum at the beginning (sorry I can not find either the discussion).

I do not see why this should be integrated plugin in that case why not prososer the blog plugin too?

Bludit provides an option to display a page as a page option, you can also configure the URL to posts and pages.

Logic and to define a name for a link to the blog section.

It remains my opinion but as proposed like that, it looks like Bludit and still in Beta stage.

A brief talk with Diego what think of it, but for now spend a good holiday season;)
╰☆╮Bludit╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
You are looking for a light forum based Json? Try my project Flatboard, it is free. ;)
Sorry for my little english, i'm french :oops:
tonimad
Ssr. Bludit

Hi Fred,

Thank you for considering this problem.

I've been reviewing the code and can not find a clever way to display a page that shows all post.

I hope this has any solution.

Again, thank you very much and happy holiday season!
MaurizioB
Ssr. Bludit

Ok, in the meantime I've "hacked" it.
I created a fake "Blog" page (the content is not important, obviously), then I edited the index.php in the theme folder.
In the <!-- Content --> section of the index.php there's a condition blok that looks for the type of page and then includes various php files accordingly, so I created a sub condition in the elseif($Url->whereAmI()=='page') block which looks for the page title, if it's "Blog", then it uses the home.php file, otherwise proceeds with the usual page.php file.

This is the original section:

Code: Select all

if( ($Url->whereAmI()=='home') || ($Url->whereAmI()=='tag') )
	            {
	                include(PATH_THEME_PHP.'home.php');
	            }
	            elseif($Url->whereAmI()=='post')
	            {
	                include(PATH_THEME_PHP.'post.php');
	            }
	            elseif($Url->whereAmI()=='page')
	            {
	                include(PATH_THEME_PHP.'page.php');
	            }
This is how I edited it (modifications in bold):

Code: Select all

if( ($Url->whereAmI()=='home') || ($Url->whereAmI()=='tag') )
	            {
	            }
	            elseif($Url->whereAmI()=='post')
	            {
	                include(PATH_THEME_PHP.'post.php');
	            }
	            elseif($Url->whereAmI()=='page')
// Edited code here!
	            {
                        if ($Page->title()=='Blog')
                        {
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            include(PATH_THEME_PHP.'page.php');
                        }
	            }
If you want you can change the Blog name to whatever you want, it just has to match the condition in the $Page->title() condition.
I know this is not very "clean", but this is as much as my php knowledge might attempt without messing too much with the code ;)

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
tonimad
Ssr. Bludit

Hi MaurizioB,

Your code is perfect and works great for my site. It is a very good solution.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Happy holiday! :)
MaurizioB
Ssr. Bludit

Don't mention it, I was looking for the same thing too, glad it helped somebody else too! :D
Actually, I think this solution would eventually be the best one, even better than a plugin: if the main bludit kernel adds the support for a "blog" system page (like the ones already exist, such "post" or "page"), then it would be easy to add other kind of pages.
For example, when creating a page you could set a "special" pages such like this blog index, and a "redirect" page for anything else such a page outside the CMS content or an url outside of the website.

Happy holidays to you too!

MaurizioB